Finding the MAC Address for Registration of Wireless Devices (game consoles, TVs, etc.)
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier assigned to a devices network card. A MAC address has 12 characters and often takes the form 1a:2b:3c:a4:c5:e6 or 1a2b3ca4c5e6 or 1a 2b 3c a4 c5 e6
Sometimes MAC addresses are printed on the box that a device came in or on a label on the device itself. In most cases, the MAC address can also be found in a network settings menu.
Below are instructions for finding a MAC address on several devices. If your device is not listed, you can search Google for your device name and "MAC address" and you will usually find instructions easily. Once you have found your MAC address, submit it using the Wireless Device Registration Form.
- From the Dashboard, select System and Network Settings
- On the Available Networks menu, select Wireless
- In Network Settings select Configure Network
- Go to the Additional Settings tab and select the Advanced Settings menu
- Your MAC address should be listed on the page
- Navigate to My Games & Apps
- Select Settings
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- Use the MAC address for wireless.
- Select Settings from the main menu
- Select System Settings
- Select System Information
- Your MAC Address will be displayed
- On the Main Menu, Scroll to the Settings tab
- Scroll down and click Network
- Scroll and click View Connection Status
- On this new screen, towards the bottom, use the MAC address listed for WiFi
- From the Wii Channel menu, select Wii Settings
- Page through the menu until you can select Internet, then Console Information
- The MAC address will be displayed on the first line
Nintendo Wii U
- On your Wii U, go to System Settings
- Select Internet settings
- Select View MAC Address
- Your MAC address should be on the screen
- Go to the main menu on your Apple TV and select Settings
- In the Settings Menu, select About
- Use the MAC address either be listed as Wireless ID
- From the Home screen, press the up arrow to make the Menu Bar appear.
- Select Settings.
- Select Player Info. Note: The MAC address may also be listed on your Roku.